Mutton Kurma for Idly / Dosa / Parotta| Goat Korma | Video Recipe | Step by step procedure with pictures
A perfect Sunday starts with a plate of Idly and aromatic Mutton kurma, in most of the South Indian houses. Especially during Diwali festival. I can sense some of you saying yeeeahh… Today I am sharing a very common yet most requested Mutton kurma recipe. This is perfect with Idly / Dosa and a wonderful side dish for parotta. (YUMMM…)
If you are preparing this for chapati, add less water and make it gravy consistency. But I highly suggest you to try this with Idly and Parotta. Use mutton with bones for good taste.
SERVING SUGGESTION :
- Serve with Idly / Dosa / Parotta.
AUTHOR : Dimple CUISINE : South Indian
COURSE : Main Course YIELD : 2-3 Servings
- Mutton / goat – 1 lb
- Oil – 2 Tbsp
- Onion – 1
- Tomato – 1
- Green chili – 3
- Turmeric – 1/2 Tsp
- Chili powder – 1 Tbsp
- Coriander powder – 1.5 Tbsp
- Curry leaves
- Coriander leaves
Whole spices :
- Cinnamon – 2 inch
- Cardamom – 3
- Cloves – 4
- Bay leaf – 1
For paste :
- Coconut – 1/2 cup grated
- Poppy seeds – 1 Tsp
- Fennel seeds – 1 Tsp
- Pepper – 10
- Clean and wash the mutton pieces.
- Chop onion , tomato.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker over medium heat. Add in whole spices (cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and bay leaf)
- Saute once and add onions , green chili , curry leaves and salt.
- Cook until onions become golden brown and then add tomatoes.
- Cover and cook until soft. Add mutton pieces, turmeric, chili powder and coriander powder.
- Combine well and cook for 5 min. Add water as needed.
- Pressure cook it 5-6 whistles as needed.
- During the cooking time, make coconut paste. Grind coconut , poppy seeds, fennel seeds and pepper together with water.
- Let the pressure release completely. And then open the lid. Check whether the pieces get cooked well. If not cook for more whistles.
- Add the coconut paste to it and allow it to boil for 5 min.
- Turn off the heat and add coriander leaves.
- Add more or less water as needed.
- Use mutton with bones. It makes the kurma more tasty. Chop into medium sized pieces.
- You can add fennel seeds while adding whole spices. I like to grind it along with coconut.
Do try this recipe at home and let me know how it turned out for you. Share your comments down below in the comment section.
For more video recipes subscribe to my YouTube channel. If you found this post worthy, kindly share this with your friends and like my Facebook page for updates Facebook Follow me on Pinterest , Twitter and Instagram
Step by Step Procedure with pictures :