PalaKottai Kurma | Jackfruit Seeds Gravy | Video Recipe | Step by step procedure with pictures
Jackfruit seeds are full of nutrients and they are very good for your eyes, skin and hair. It is also delicious to eat the seeds. You can simply boil the seeds and have it as a healthy snack. Else, you can make kuzhambu , curry or poriyal with this seeds. Everything tastes equally delicious. Today , I am sharing Kurma recipe using this seeds.
Similar gravy recipes for chapati / pulao:
SERVING SUGGESTION :
- Serve with Rice , Chapati , Poori , pulao.
AUTHOR : Dimple CUISINE : South Indian
COURSE : Main Course YIELD : 2 Servings
- Palakottai – 10 – 15
- Water – as needed
- Oil – 1.5 Tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 Tsp
- Curry leaves – few
- Garlic – 4-6 cloves
- Onion – 1
- Tomato – 1
- Turmeric – 1/2 Tsp
- Chilli Powder – 2 Tsp
- Coriander powder – 3 Tsp
For Coconut Paste :
- Coconut – 1/4 cup grated
- Fennel seeds – 1/2 Tsp
- Poppy seeds – 1/2 Tsp
- Peel the palakottai skin. (For easy peeling, refrigerate it for 15-20 min)
- Chop onion, tomato and crush the garlic.
- Make coconut paste with given ingredients.
- Pressure cook the Palakottai for 2 whistles with required water.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and let it splutter.
- Add curry leaves and crushed garlic.
- Saute for a min and then add onions.
- Cook until translucent. Add tomatoes and salt.
- Add in turmeric , red chili powder and coriander powder.
- Saute for a min and add cooked palakottai.
- Add required water and cook for few min until oil oozes out on the top.
- Add coconut paste and cook for 3 min.
- Cooking time depends on the quantity and quality of the jackfruit seeds. To check, insert a knife into the cooked seed. It should penetrate easily. If not, cook for another whistle as needed.
- Adding more garlic helps in digestion and also to avoid bloating / gas issues.
- Palakottai is good for health. But at the same time, elderly people might get some gas issues. So it is always good to have these goodies in less quantity.
Do try this recipe at home and let me know how it turned out for you. Share your comments down below in the comment section.
Step by Step Procedure with pictures :