Roasted Cashews | Kaju Pepper Fry | Video Recipe | Step by step procedure with pictures
Cashews are known as Mundhiri in Tamil , Jeedipappu in Telugu and Kaju in Hindi. These nuts has good source of protein and contains healthy fatty acids. Not all fats are bad for you. Cashews are used in the form of vegan cream for many curry recipes and soups. Most of the Indian desserts like kheer (payasam) , halwa , Burfi and many more sweets has cashews. Cashew nuts has exceptional nutty and creamy taste by nature.
Today, I am sharing a savory recipe using Cashews. Roasted cashews are easily available in the market and online. But roasting it on your own helps to add perfect toppings to your taste. Another advantage is, it is cost efficient.
I am adding only salt and pepper. Since, my husband likes traditional toppings for the nuts. You could add more spices like garam masala , chilli powder , black salt , curry leaves powder as per your taste. Also I like to add little ghee for roasting which makes it more delicious. You can add any oil in place of ghee. Adding little oil while roasting helps the salt and pepper to stick to the nuts.
Similar recipe : Candied peanuts
SERVING SUGGESTION :
- Snacks with Tea.
AUTHOR : Dimple COURSE : Snack YIELD : 1 cup
- Cashew – 1 cup
- Ghee – 1 Tbsp
- Curry leaves
- Melt ghee in a pan over low heat.
- Add cashews and roast it.(Roasting over low heat helps you to achieve even coloring and crispy)
- Transfer this to a bowl. Add curry leaves. (it might splutter. so stay little away)
- Roast it until crisp. Transfer this with the cashews.
- Add salt and pepper as needed while it is still warm.
- Combine well and let it cool down completely.
- Store in air-tight box.
- Prepare this a day before (atleast 4 hours) before serving.
- Resting time helps the toppings to enhance the flavor.
- Make sure you use clean dry spoon for serving and store it back properly to last freshness.
Do try this recipe at home and let me know how it turned out for you. Share your comments down below in the comment section.
For more video recipes, subscribe to my channel on YouTube. If you found this post worthy, kindly share this with your friends and like my Facebook page for updates Facebook Follow me on Pinterest , Twitter and Instagram
Step by Step Procedure with pictures :