Muttai Poriyal | Easy Egg Podimas | Step by step procedure with pictures
Muttai podimas / poriyal is South Indian style scrambled eggs. This egg stir-fry is an easy and quick recipe which you can have it for lunch / breakfast / snack. You can even stuff this in chapati / sandwich.
I have already shared an Egg bhurji recipe, in which we add more spices and vegetables. Today I am sharing a simple egg recipe without much spices.
Other Egg recipes :
- Egg Dum Biryani
- Egg bhurji
- Spicy Garlic Egg
- Egg Gravy – No tomato
- Mushroom Strata
- Egg Curry
- Muttai Kuzhambu
SERVING SUGGESTION :
- Serve as a side dish with rice / Chapati.
AUTHOR : Dimple CUISINE : South Indian
COURSE : Side course YIELD : 2 Servings
- Oil – 1 Tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 Tsp
- Urad dal – 1/2 Tsp
- Curry leaves – few
- Green chilli – 2
- Onion – 1/2 cup (finely chopped)
- Egg – 3
- Salt – as needed
- Coriander leaves – for garnishing
- Finely chop onions, green chilli and coriander leaves.
- Beat egg in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a kadai / pan. Add mustard seeds.
- When it starts to splutter add urad dal.
- Saute until golden brown. Add chillies and curry leaves.
- Add onions and saute for few minutes.
- Beat well and add the eggs. Cook over medium-low heat.
- Add required salt. Combine gently after a min.
- Mix until eggs are done. Turn off the heat and garnish with coriander leaves.
- You can add any spices of your choice like roasted cumin powder or garam masala.
- Combine gently after adding eggs.
Do try this recipe at home and let me know how it turned out for you. Share your comments down below in the comment section.
Step by Step Procedure with pictures :