Cumin Cookies – Jeera Biscuit
Looking for an interesting Tea Time Cookies? Try these easy and perfect Cumin Cookies at home. They have a beautiful texture and mouth melting taste. I have already posted Butter Cookies which is rich in butter and sweet in taste. This cumin cookies needs very less sugar and has a little bit of salty flavour. If you like cumin flavour then this will be an amazing treat for you.
SERVING SUGGESTION :
- Serve during Tea or Coffee Time
AUTHOR : Dimple CUISINE : World
COURSE : Snack YIELD : 22 – 24 cookies
- All purpose flour / Maida – 1+1/4 cup
- Powdered Sugar/ Icing Sugar – 2-3 Tbsp
- Butter – 1/2 cup
- Salt – 1/2 Tsp
- Baking soda – 1/4 Tsp
- Baking Powder – 1/2 Tsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1 Tbsp
- Dry roast cumin seeds over low heat until you get good aroma.
- Preheat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- Place a parchment paper over a baking tray.
- Take room temperature butter and Powdered sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk it well or combine it using a wooden spatula until it gets creamed together and become light in color.
- In a bowl add maida, baking powder and baking soda.
- Seive in these dry ingredients to the creamed butter.
- Add half of the roasted cumin seeds and salt.
- Knead it using fingers until all comes together.
- Do not make it like a dough. Just combine it.
- Wrap it using a plastic wrap and refrigerate for 15 min.(opt)
- Dust the working surface and rolling pin with some flour. Shape the flour mix and roll it carefully.
- Sprinkle other half of the roasted cumin seeds on the top and slightly roll it once.
- You can make thin cookies or thick ones. (Today I made thin cookies)
- Using a lid or a cookie cutter, cut cookies in any shape as you desired. (Dust the cutter/lid with flour to make it easy)
- Carefully transfer each cookies to the baking tray.
- Combine all the excess flour mix and repeat the process as needed.
- Bake for about 10-12 min or until the ends become golden brown.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and let it cool down completely.
- Store in an air tight container.
- If you are making thick cookies baking time may increase accordingly. (12-15 min)
- Always use room temperature butter.
- While kneading the flour, if it is too dry and not coming together add a Tbsp of milk.
- Crush the roasted cumin seeds between your palm and add it. It helps to bring some extra cumin flavor.
Do try this recipe at home and let me know how it turned out for you. Share your comments down below in the comment section.
Step by Step Procedure with pictures :