MYSORE PAK – Indian Dessert
Mysore pak is a mouth watering Indian Dessert. This scrumptious sweet recipe is prepared using Besan flour, ghee, oil and sugar. The ratio of ingredients used is much important for getting the right texture. Adding oil to this recipe gives a unique texture. Some people use only ghee for this recipe. It depends on individual taste. Let us see the step by step preparation.
SERVING SUGGESTION :
- Dessert, Snack, Festival Sweet.
AUTHOR : Dimple CUISINE : Indian
COURSE : Snack, Dessert YIELD : 4-5 servings
- Besan Flour/gram flour – 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Ghee – 1/2 cup
- Oil – 1/4 cup
- Water – 1/4 cup
- Dry roast besan flour for 3-5 min over medium heat. Do not let the color to change.
- Sieve it without any lumps.
- Combine oil and ghee in a pan.
- Grease a pan with ghee and keep it ready for pouring the flour mix.
- Heat the ghee+oil pan on one stove over low heat. We should add hot ghee to the flour.
- Heat a heavy bottom pan or non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Add sugar and water. Let it boil until you get one string consistency.
- Add sieved flour to the sugar mix and combine well without any lumps.
- You should not stop stirring at any stage of this preparation.
- Use a laddle for pouring ghee to the flour.
- Add 1 laddle(app. 3 Tbsp) of hot ghee to the flour mix.
- Combine well until it incorporates with the flour mix completely.
- Again add another laddle of ghee and combine well. You could see the flour mix becomes frothy.
- Repeat this step until it is completely done. Remove it from heat when the flour mix starts rolling together and comes out from the pan without sticking.
- Immediately transfer this to the greased pan and press it evenly using a back of a spoon. (Grease the spoon with ghee)
- Cut into slices when it is warm. But don’t remove it.
- When it is completely cool down take the slices and store it in an air tight container.
- Adding oil gives good texture and consistency to the mysore pak.
- Stir the mix all the time. Otherwise it will get burnt easily.
- When it is on the exact consistency immediately transfer it to the pan. Even a 30 sec delay could make it harder and dark in color.
Do try this recipe at home and let me know how it turned out for you. Share your comments down below in the comment section.
Step by Step Procedure with pictures :