POTATO GRAVY / CURRY
Potato is a common versatile ingredient. We can prepare various recipes with potatoes. This gravy is bit spicy with fried potatoes.
- Serve as a side dish with Zeera Pulao, Coconut Milk Pulao, and other pulao varieties.
- Serve as side dish for Chapati, Poori.
AUTHOR : Dimple CUISINE : South Indian
COURSE : Side Dish YIELD : 2-3 serving
- Potato(medium) – 2
- Oil – 4 Tbsp
- Cinnamon – 1 inch
- Cardamom – 3
- Cloves – 4
- Fennel Seeds – 1/2 Tsp
- Onion(medium) – 1
- Tomato(medium) -2
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 Tsp
- G.chilli -2
- Salt – as required
- Turmeric – 1/2 Tsp
- Red chilli powder – 3/4 Tbsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 Tbsp
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 Tsp
- Water – as required
- Coriander leaves – for garnishing
- Cut potatoes lengthwise into thick slices. (like french fries)
- Soak potato pieces in water until you use. (To prevent from colour changing)
- Finely chop onion, tomato, coriander leaves.
- Slit green chillies.
- Place a pan on medium flame. Add oil.
- When it is hot add potato pieces.
- Fry potatoes in oil till it is 3/4 cooked. Saute often.
- Filter it and keep it aside. In the same oil add cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, fennel seeds.
- Add onion, green chillies and saute till the colour changes.
- Add tomato, salt, turmeric, red chilli, coriander and cumin powders.
- Mix well and close the pan with a lid. Keep the flame in low.
- Let it cook til the oil oozes out. Mix often. Do not burn at the bottom.
- Add fried potatoes and simmer it for 5 min. Switch off the flame.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- You can cut potatoes into cubes.
- If you do not like frying potatoes, boil potatoes separately and add it.
- You can even use tomato puree instead of finely chopped tomatoes.
If you found this post worthy, kindly share this with your friends and like my Facebook page for updates. https://www.facebook.com/Dimples-Cookbook-360014267724776/