MOONG DAL LADOO
Ladoo/Laddu is a famous and traditional Indian Sweet/Dessert. We prepare ladoo during festival seasons and for special guests. Especially as a welcome sweet for newly coming bride/ bridegroom. This Yummy Moong dal ladoo can be prepared in short time with less ingredients.
SERVING SUGGESTION :
- Serve as a snack for guests or festival sweet
AUTHOR : Dimple CUISINE : Indian
COURSE : Dessert YIELD :8-10 Ladoos
- Split yellow moong dal – 1 cup
- Granulated sugar – 1 cup or lesser
- Cardamom – 5
- Ghee – 3 Tbsp
- Cashew nuts – 5
- Dry roast moong dal over medium low heat until the colour slightly changes.
- Cool down to room temperature and grind it into fine powder using a blender.
- In the same jar add sugar and cardamom. Grind it as a fine powder.
- Chop cashew nuts.
- In a mixing bowl add moong dal powder and sugar together. Mix well.
- Roast cashew nuts in ghee.
- Pour this into the bowl and mix well.
- Making ladoos :
- Take a small batch of mix with hand and make small round shape ladoo.
- Press and hold it gently to make ladoo.
- Add warm ghee if required while making ladoo.
- When it completely cool down, store in a air tight container.
- Do not heat the ghee. Just warm temperature is enough.
- Your hand should bare the heat.
- If stored properly it will last for more than a week.
- Sieve moong dal powder and sugar powder if needed.
- You can use cardamom powder instead of whole cardamom.
If you found this post worthy, kindly share this with your friends and like my Facebook page for updates. https://www.facebook.com/Dimples-Cookbook-360014267724776/
Step by Step procedure with pictures :