Chow Chow(Chayote) Raita/Pachadi with Pomegranate seeds
Raita or Pachadi is prepared using curd/yogurt as a main ingreident. It is commonly used as a side dish for spicy recipes to reduce the heat and spiciness. Chow Chow raita is the best side when serverd with Rajma Pulao.
SERVING SUGGESTION :
- Side dish with biriyani and pulao varieties.
- Best served with Rajma Pulao
AUTHOR : Dimple CUISINE : Indian
COURSE : Side dish YIELD :2-3 serving
- Chow Chow – 1
- Coconut – 3 Tbsp
- G.Chilli – 2
- Coriander leaves – 1/4 Cup (roughly chopped)
- Salt – As required
- Curd/Yogurt – 1/2 Cup(fresh)
- Pomegranate – 3 Tbsp
- Water – for cooking
- Coarsely grind G.chillies, coconut and coriander leaves.
- Cut chow chow into medium size cubes.
- *Cook chow chow in pressure cooker for 1 or 2 whistle. Add salt while cooking.
- In a mixing bowl add the coconut paste.
- Make the curd creamy by whisking it and add it in the bowl.
- Add little salt and mix well.
- Add cooked chow chow and give a gentle mix.
- Garnish with pomegranate.
- Use homemade fresh curd.
*Do not cook chow chow directly in pressure cooker. Because it will become mashing consistency. Instead use a stainless steel bowl.
If you found this post worthy, kindly share this with your friends and like my Facebook page for updates. https://www.facebook.com/Dimples-Cookbook-360014267724776/